The school district’s charter schools and a number of other special school programs have scheduled information sessions and registration dates for students interested in attending one of the schools in the 2016–17 school year:
- Gwinnett Online Campus (GOC): Students in grades 4–12 interested in attending GOC full time for 2016–17 may complete the online “Intent to Register” process during the month of February. Interested families are encouraged to attend one of the informational meetings at the school’s campus on Jan. 26, Feb. 11, and Feb. 23. Sessions are set for 6:30–7:30 p.m.
- Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science, and Technology (GSMST): Registration is open through Jan. 29. The remaining information session for rising 9th graders and their families is set for Jan. 14 at 7 p.m. at the school.
- Maxwell High School of Technology: Registration for the 2016–17 school year (Phase I) is available online Feb. 1 to March 14. A lottery will be held March 16 to place students in a program or on a waiting list. Phase II registration will re-open March 17. Information visits will be held at GCPS high schools throughout the month of February.
- Grayson HS Technical Education Program: Online registration opens Feb. 1, with Spring Open House set for Feb. 4 from 5 to 7 p.m. Information visits will be held at GCPS high schools throughout the month of February. Students will know their acceptance status by spring break.
- New Life Academy of Excellence: Re-enrollment for current students for 2016–17 runs through Dec. 11. Open enrollment is set for Jan. 11–15.
- North Metro Academy of Performing Arts: Open enrollment is scheduled for Jan. 11–Feb. 5. Current students will learn about re-enrollment deadlines from the school.