A series of new public service announcements will promote the education “heroes” in our schools who make a difference for Georgia schoolchildren. The PSAs will feature very short videos, submitted by Georgia students and recent graduates, that answer the question “Which adult makes (or made) a difference for you at school?”
These shout outs from young people from around the state… in their own words and in a familiar format… will highlight the amazing work of our teachers and the difference they make for our students and their success. The best student videos will be pulled together in PSAs that will be used in a promotional campaign statewide.
Students or recent graduates (2005 or more recent) interested in participating should follow the criteria below. Submissions should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (with SPARK Campaign video in the subject line) or posted and tweeted with the campaign hashtag: #SPARKgeorgiaED.
- Video is recorded on a smartphone or tablet, not in a professional studio.
- Recording is no more than 10 seconds.
- Video features a current student or recent graduate (2005 or more recent) from a Georgia public school.
- Message names a teacher (or other adult at school), that person’s school, and the reason that person makes a difference.
- The teacher does not have to be the student’s current teacher. The honoree may be from a previous grade level or retired.
- Student should not give his or her own name in the video clip.
The SPARK! Campaign is an initiative to advocate for public schools in Georgia and celebrate the successes of our graduates, the inspired work of our teachers, and the support of our communities for their schools. SPARK! is sponsored by the Georgia Vision Project, a joint venture of the Georgia School Boards Association (GSBA) and the Georgia School Superintendents Association (GSSA), formed in 2009 to create a comprehensive and coherent vision for public education in the state of Georgia.