Gwinnett charter schools and a number of other special schools and programs have scheduled information sessions and registration dates for students interested in attending one of the schools in the 2018–19 school year:
- Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science, and Technology (GSMST): GSMST registration for next school year is open through Jan. 26. Remaining information sessions for rising 9th graders and their families are set for Dec. 14 and Jan. 11 at 7 p.m. at the school. The registration lottery will be held at 7:30 a.m. on Feb. 5 at the J. Alvin Wilbanks Instructional Support Center.
- Maxwell High School of Technology: Registration for the 2018–19 school year begins online on Jan. 8, with an Open House set for March 1 between 5 and 7 p.m. at the school. Information visits will be held at GCPS high schools between Jan. 4 and Feb. 15. Dates and times of high school visits will be posted on the Maxwell website.
- Grayson HS Technical Education Program: Online registration opens Jan. 16, with the Winter Open House set for Feb. 15 from 5 to 7 p.m. (Students can apply from any GCPS computer, and must be in the GCPS network to apply.) Information visits will be held at GCPS high schools between Jan. 16 and Feb. 15.
- Gwinnett Online Campus (GOC): Students in grades 4–12 interested in attending GOC full time for 2018–19 must complete the registration process during the month of February. Interested families are encouraged to attend an open house and tour at the school’s campus from 10 to 11 a.m. on Jan 30, Jan. 31, Feb. 1, Feb. 13, Feb. 14., or Feb. 15. An informational meeting is set for Feb. 28, 6:30–7:30 p.m., or check out informational videos online.
- New Life Academy of Excellence: The window for re-enrollment for current students runs through Jan. 5. Open enrollment for new students is set for Jan. 8-31. School tours are available on Jan. 3. Sign up for a tour online. If needed, a registration lottery will be held on Feb. 19.
- North Metro Academy of Performing Arts: Re-enrollment for current students will run Jan. 16-31. Open enrollment for new students begins Feb. 1. School tours are available daily.