Here are a few highlights for the coming year…
- With School Messenger, families have an easy way to receive emergency alerts and event notifications from the district and their child’s school. Notifications, set to a parent’s preference, are available by phone call, email, and text.
- A number of instructional initiatives are expanding this year, including STEM/STEAM instruction and project-based learning around the county, Dual Language Immersion programs at six elementary schools, College and Career Academies at seven high schools, the district’s partnership with Junior Achievement, blended and hybrid learning with school- and student-owned digital devices, and opportunities for students to get a jump start on college.
- More schools are implementing PBIS— Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports— a framework for creating a positive, caring school climate where all students are successful, academically and behaviorally.
- The district’s School Nutrition Program (SNP), a self-sustaining program, is launching a new procedure for meal charges.
- SNP is featuring some tasty new menu items, including an international flair for entrees and sides and locally grown fruits and vegetables each day… all for the same low prices.
In the coming weeks and months, you’ll learn about these programs, innovative classroom activities, award-winning students and staff members, and more in the Communiqué digital magazine. Come back each week for new content!