Gwinnett high school students can catch up or get ahead with summer classes. Gwinnett County Public Schools (GCPS) offers high school students, including rising 9th graders, two ways to learn for credit this summer:
- Face-to-face summer classes (June 7–July 6) will be offered at three locations— Berkmar High School, Brookwood High School, and Collins Hill High School. Online registration is open for face-to-face classes through May 26. Students may register online for face-to-face summer classes through May 26, or register in person on May 26 at Gwinnett Online Campus (713 Hi Hope Road, Lawrenceville). Late registration is available June 6 at Berkmar High for an additional fee. Face-to-face will not meet on Fridays, following a Monday-to-Thursday schedule. Find course offerings and frequently asked questions on the face-to-face summer school website.
- Online summer classes (June 6–30) will be offered through Gwinnett Online Campus (GOC). Registration for online classes is open through May 26. Online summer classes will follow a five-day week, Monday through Friday. Find course offerings and frequently asked questions online, along with registration information on the GOC website. Note: Students taking Health and Personal Fitness MUST be available for face-to-face requirements on June 1 or 2 (Personal Fitness only) AND June 27 (both courses).
Important information for face-to-face and Online Campus summer school students…
- Learn about all summer school programs on the summer school website.
- Transportation is not provided for face-to-face summer school classes or for the face-to-face sessions required for Online Campus courses.
- A student should take no more than two summer classes: two face-to-face classes, two online classes, or a combination.
- All tuition fees are due at the time of registration. Cost per class for current GCPS students is $250.
- Any student planning to participate in the summer school graduation ceremony on July 7 must take all summer classes with Gwinnett County Public Schools.
- Rising 9th graders may take Health and/or Personal Fitness (PE). Both courses are required for graduation. These courses are available at Berkmar High (face-to-face), Gwinnett Online Campus (online), and Community Schools (face-to-face).